USBprog 5.0 (140285-91)
The Open-Source programmer USBprog has always had a strong backing from Elektor readers; it is a workhorse suitable for use with lots of different controllers. Now the latest version comes with a built-in web server. Thanks to its HTML interface the programmer can work with all the popular computer and tablet operating systems and has no requirement to load specific software. An interface for automation, a hex file archive and integration of the GDB debugger for ARM systems are also useful additions.
The USBprog 5.0 consists of a small Linux system housed in a smooth blue semi translucent case. The system connects to a computer via a USB cable which also supplies power to the system. A network interface is emulated via the USB port; in Mac and Linux systems the device is found and connected automatically. A DHCP server running on the USBprog assigns an IP address to the computer. The browser gets access to the programmer using the IP address 10.0.0.1.
• AVR-Programmer (avrdude )
• ARM-JTAG Debugger and Programmer (openocd )
• Updateable: Support for more controllers coming soon
• Voltage level selector (1.8 V, 3.3 V or 5.0 V)
• Simple operation via a browser
• Automatic operation using command line tool
• Works with Atmel Studio and other programs
• Local archive storage of often-used Hex files
More information can be found at www.embedded-projects.net/usbprog5.