Platino Signal Generator Programmed Controller (130407-41)
Programmed ATmega1284P-PU microcontroller # 130407-1 for the project Experimenter's Function Generator, as published in Elektor Magazine edition January/February 2015.
This simple Platino-based Signal Generator is designed for not too demanding (hobbyist) applications. It is usable for applications like signal tracing, clocking of MCU circuits, audio filter & loudspeaker testing, tuning, etc.
A Signal generator device generates signals of different frequencies. The Platino Signal generator device uses the Elektor’s Platino board to design a real time, straight forward, non complicated design of the Signal generator. Inspired by Elektor’s AVR SDR project.
- DC Input: 18 V to 20 VDC
- Elektor Platino with ATMEGA1284P microcontroller
- 20 X 4 LCD Display
- Standard BNC type connectors for outputs / input
- One square wave output up to 10 MHz, 5 V and 3.3 V output level switchable
- Other outputs: Sine, Square, triangular, Sawtooth, Inv Sawtooth, Pulses, Arbitrary and Random (Noise)
- One Frequency Modulation input
- Programmable waveform output of different types of waves up to 100 KHz is given as output by the device through connector K6
- Square wave output, 5 V and 3.3 V selectable DC voltage output signal through connector K5
- Frequency Modulation input through connector K7
- All selections are set using a single rotary encoder with push button and a back button
- The device can be powered from a standard 18 V laptop power adapter
- Setup mode for Arbitrary and Clock mode
- Normal mode for other output waveforms
Amplitude, frequency, Offset of waveform can be changed in real time.
|Category||Test & Measurement|