Modifi3D is a heated tool with specially coated interchangeable tips designed to finish, repair and modify 3D printed parts. Modifi3D Is designed to replace much of the sanding, scraping and snapping to finish off your 3D prints.
The pen like form of Modifi3D makes it very comfortable to use and extremely easy to control when precision is important. Modifi3D works with PLA, ABS and other 3D printing materials.
1. Remove the protective cap (if used) and place Modifi3D on the included stand.
2. Plug in the USB (USB 2.0 or 3.0 recommended).
3. Touch the metal switch to start heating. A red light indicates that Modifi3D is switched on.
3. In less than 15 seconds Modifi3D will reach around 300 ºC (572 ºF) and is ready for use. To increase the temperature or reach the maximum of 420-450 ºC (788-842 ºF) continue to touch the metal switch until the required temperature is reached.
4. If Modifi3D is not used for 25 seconds it will go into sleep mode (light will go out and the tip will start to cool). To wake Modifi3D just gently touch the switch and the heating process will continue.
5. Always unplug the USB if Modifi3D is not being used.
1. To change tips unplug the USB and allow to cool fully.
2. Unscrew the locking nut and pull out the tip
3. Push the replacement tip in fully and tighten the locking nut
4. Plug in the USB and you're done!
Over time you may want to clean the interchangeable tips. We recommend using a damp sponge to remove any plastic or residue from the tips. This works best whilst the tips are still warm (but obviously not hot enough to pose a risk of burning). Please ensure that the USB is unplugged and the tips have cooled to a safe temperature.
Do not use abrasive cleaning products. This can damage the special coating on the tips.