The FG085 is an inexpensive yet all-around Function Generator. It can produce signals of many different waveforms. The device is very straightforward to use and requires little skill making it an excellent entry level testing instrument for electronic hobbyists, students or anyone else with a home lab.
This is the panelled kit version of FG085. All SMT parts have been pre-soldered on PCB. MCUs on board have been pre-programmed. Through-hole components are to be installed by users. Soldering skill is required to assemble the kit.
- Generating continuous waveforms of Sine, Square, Triangle, Ramp (up and down), and Staircase (up and down)
- Generating user-defined arbitrary waveforms (AWG)
- Generating sweeping frequency signals of selected waveforms. Start frequency, stop frequency, and sweep rate can be independently set
- Generating servo test/control signals in micro-second resolution with user programmable pulse width, amplitude, and cycle
- Setting of frequency (or period), amplitude, and offset is done with digits – quick and straightforward
- Variable duty cycle from 1% – 100% for square signal
- Frequency (period), amplitude, and offset can be incrementally adjusted with a rotary encoder
- Incremental step size can be set to any value. Very convenient for quick adjustment of the frequency/cycle around a particular point or over a range
- Trigger input available
- Synchronous output available for sweeping mode
- Settings are memorised after power down
- Can be used as an adjustable DC voltage source by setting the frequency to 0