CANgineBerry – Active CANcrypt and CANopen Module for RPi
The CANgineBerry CANopen is an active CAN co-processor module that uses a regular UART communication channel towards the host system. With its independent 32-bit microcontroller, the CANgineBerry can easily execute CAN protocols with tough timing demands such as CANcrypt or CANopen with response times of under 10 ms.
The connection to the host system uses only four pins: Two for power (5 V) and two for the UART. The four-pin header row directly matches the Raspberry Pi pin layout, but also other common connectors, such as popular USB-to-UART converter chips/modules, if the correct voltage levels are used (5 V supply, 3.3 V signals).
- The CANgineBerry is equipped with a custom bootloader allowing the installation of one of the firmware packages provided by Embedded Systems Academy.
- Two LEDs (green and red) indicate the network connection status.
- EEPROM to store configuration data.
- CAN termination configuration by jumper.
- Based on a Cortex-M0 microcontroller.
CANgineBerry on Raspberry Pi
The CANgineBerry fits directly onto the Raspberry Pi 3. Delivery includes a set of screws for proper fixation. Linux command line utilities can be executed to program and configure the CANgineBerry.
|Manufacturer||Embedded Systems Solutions|