Atlas ESR70 Plus – Capacitor Analyser
The ESR70 is the ideal tool for checking the condition of your capacitors. Great for repair and renovation work. It will measure both capacitance and ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance) at the same time. You can even measure ESR with the capacitor in-circuit.
Now features automatic component detection to enable hands-free operation from component to component. Supplied with new 2mm plugs and sockets, removable gold croc clips and battery. Analyse any type of capacitor from 1uF to 22000uF. Motor capacitors, smoothing capacitors, any dielectric type.
• Measure capacitance and ESR.
• Suitable for any capacitor type between 1uF and 22000uF including motor capacitors, smoothing capacitors, electrolytics, polypropylenes, in fact any dielectric type.
• Automatic analysis start when applying probes to capacitor.
• New enhanced dynamic range of 0.00 to 40.0 ohms.
• Audible alerts for various ESR levels.
• ESR Resolution as fine as 0.01 ohms.
• Supports capacitors from 1uF to 22000uF.
• Capable of In-Circuit measurement of ESR.
• Polarity free, connect any way round.
• Protected against highly charged capacitors.
• Great for low DC resistance checking too (such as PCB short checking).
• Supplied complete with 2mm male test leads and 2mm compatible gold plated crocs.
• Test leads are ultra-durable and 45cm (18") long with 2mm plugs.
• Enhanced software compensation of cable resistance.
• Complete with comprehensive user guide.
• Capacitor reference table included.
• Tests at the industry standard 100kHz.
• Long life alkaline battery fitted.
• Auto power-off after 45 seconds if inactivity.
• Just 103mm x 70mm x 20mm (4.1" x 2.8" x 0.8")
The Atlas ESR PLUS
This model introduces new features including “Audible Alerts” and enhanced measurement range. Every measurement of ESR will be shown on the display as usual of course, but the unit will also produce a variety of tones depending on the value of ESR. And the tones themselves are surprising pleasant, including “Bell-like” pings (a couple of different types for ESR that is below certain values), and also a “Beep-Barp” type tone for ESR that is likely to be too high. There is also a reassuring “Blip” when the measurement has started and completed.
The ESR measurement range has also been enhanced, now doubled, measuring from 0 to 40 ohms with a resolution as low as 0.01 ohms. This fine resolution is great for assessing large capacitors and even allows you to use the Atlas ESR+ for tracing short-circuits and finding the precise area of a PCB that has that invisible wisp of solder.
Great Service Aid
Measuring a capacitor's ESR (equivalent series resistance) is a great indicator of capacitor condition. The Atlas ESR PLUS offers fast results, if the instrument is switched on then just connect the probes to your capacitor and the analysis starts automatically. You can even use the Atlas ESR PLUS in-circuit, saving you the trouble of removing capacitors. When testing capacitors out-of-circuit, the unit will also display the capacitance. Capacitance is not measured when testing in-circuit.
It's designed with the real world in mind. The Atlas ESR is the only instrument that automatically detects charged capacitors and then performs a controlled discharge process before measuring the capacitance and ESR.
Includes extra-flexible test cable with gold plated 2mm plugs and sockets allowing use of different probe types. Supplied with gold plated crocs as standard, others available as an option. Cable length 450mm (18").