ARM Microcontrollers 1 (EN) | E-book
This E-Book is for hobbyists, students and engineers who want to learn C and how to use an mbed ARM microcontroller in an easy and fun way, without the need for cumbersome software installations.
ARM mbed microcontroller NXP LPC1768
The projects in this E-Book are meant for beginners in C and ARM microcontrollers. That doesn't mean the projects are simple, but it does mean that they are easy to understand. We use for example USB communications, a subject that is made so easy by the mbed that it is suitable for a beginners book.
The mbed NXP LPC1768 uses cloud technology, a revolutionary concept in software development. This means you do not need to install software on your PC in order to program the mbed!
The only thing you need is a browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, and a USB port on your PC. You can get access to your project from any PC anywhere in the world and continue working on it. When you are done a few simple mouse clicks transfer the program to your mbed hardware. Of course you can optionally download the projects and store them on your own PC.
Features of this E-Book
- Learn how to program an mbed ARM microcontroller using cloud technology. No complicated software installation on your PC needed.
- Learn programming in C by doing fun and interesting projects. No previous experience or knowledge required.
- Examples of projects in this E-Book: flashing light, timer, light activated switch, digital thermometer, people detector, USB communication, talking microcontroller, debugging, sound switch, and much more - 35 projects in total.
- Examples of C subjects in this E-Book: variables, commands, functions, program execution, pointers (introduction).
What you need
- A PC with a USB port, internet connection and a browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- The free download that contains for example the project source codes.
- The hardware introduction package to get started quickly, available from Elektor.
Also visit the special support page related to this E-Book!
|Author(s)||Bert van Dam|