A PIC MCU development board born under the sign of Connectivity
Published in issue 423, March 2012
When it comes to MCU development boards the Serbian manufacturer MikroElektronika (mE) has a reputation to keep up. Not only do they create and launch a wide range of such boards, they also keep improving them. Recently the seventh (!) generation of their EasyPIC development board for Microchip PIC microcontrollers was introduced. We tried it out for you.
* supports over 250 8-bit PIC microcontrollers
* on-board mikroProg programmer/in-circuit debugger
* dual power supply (5 V & 3.3 V)
* 3 extension connectors per port + row of holes
* pushbutton, LED, pullup/down resistor per port pin
* 2 mikroBus slots
* RS-232 or serial-to-USB port
* USB, ICD, buzzer, I²C EEPROM
* 4-digit 7-segment display
* optional 2 x 16 alphanumerical LCD
* optional 128 x 64 graphical LCD with touch panel
Click below to download a pdf copy of this article from Elektor magazine.