The perfect book for hobbyists, students and engineers who want to learn C and how to use an mbed ARM microcontroller in an easy and fun way, without the need for cumbersome software installations.
ARM mbed microcontroller NXP LPC1768
The projects in this book are meant for beginners in C and ARM microcontrollers. That doesn't mean the projects are simple, but it does mean that they are easy to understand. We use for example USB communications, a subject that is made so easy by the mbed that it is suitable for a beginners book.
The mbed NXP LPC1768 uses cloud technology, a revolutionary concept in software development. This means you do not need to install software on your PC in order to program the mbed!
The only thing you need is a browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, and a USB port on your PC. You can get access to your project from any PC anywhere in the world and continue working on it. When you are done a few simple mouse clicks transfer the program to your mbed hardware. Of course you can optionally download the projects and store them on your own PC.
Features of this book
- Learn how to program an mbed ARM microcontroller using cloud technology. No complicated software installation on your PC needed.
- Learn programming in C by doing fun and interesting projects. No previous experience or knowledge required.
- Examples of projects in this book: flashing light, timer, light activated switch, digital thermometer, people detector, USB communication, talking microcontroller, debugging, sound switch, and much more - 35 projects in total.
- Examples of C subjects in this book: variables, commands, functions, program execution, pointers (introduction).
What you need
- A PC with a USB port, internet connection and a browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- The free download that contains for example the project source codes.
- The hardware introduction package to get started quickly, available from Elektor.
Also visit the special support page related to this book!
|Author(s)||Bert van Dam|